28 Sep Modafinil and Sex drive | What You Must Learn
Many individuals are becoming aware of the growing popularity of smart medications. As a result, they have a lot of inquiries, regarding diet, drug interactions, adverse effects if any, and how likely they are to experience them, and whether or not they are a permanent occurrence while taking the drug.
Similar is the situation with Modafinil, a eugeroic nootropic which is a popular energy booster and fatigue reliever.
While the FDA advises that the smart drug has rare negative side effects such as acute full-body rashes, its effect on sexual problems have not been mentioned by any drug regulations. However, there has been reports regarding modafinil’s sex related consequences mentioned over various forums and the internet.
Effects of Modafinil on Sex
People on Reddit have been highly vocal about the repercussions of using Modafinil, particularly in terms of sexual side effects. Apparently, the drug’s sharp focus and anxiety alleviation lead to an increase in desire. According to a case report published by numerous specialists in the field, hypersexuality is one of the drug’s many side effects.(21)
Some are praising Modafinil as the magic pill and research suggests an increase in sex drive as one of the wonder drug’s numerous user benefits. However, no medicine has the same effect on everyone who takes it.
While many people have praised Modafinil and its positive impact on their sexual life, some have been less than satisfied.
While there has been limited research on sex with this medicine, there are certain essential considerations that every patient should consider.
Drug safety is heavily dependent on overall health and every individual’s responsiveness towards different drugs. Modafinil is the safest smart medication, with fewer negative effects that lessen with time with prolonged use.
However, anecdotal reports demonstrate that this medication has both benefits and problems. The truth is that some people have a change in their sexual conduct.
While no research has been able to indicate yet that Modafinil can cause potential side effects to the sexual life of individuals. Modafinil, on the other hand, is completely safe. It has no life-threatening incidents. Understanding the effects of modafinil and your sex desire is the best approach to stay safe on this medicine while indulging in sex. This is not a direct consequence.
If it is a threat to your sex life, a health evaluation is required to diagnose the problem, and assistance from a medical specialist is required. Drug modifications and other good advice may be necessary.
Probable Sex Issues While Taking Modafinil
While it has the extra benefit of increasing sex drive in women, some men get into problems after using this substance, while others find it to be a boost to their sex drive.
In either case, if taken as an off-label medicine, modafinil should only be used as needed, particularly for cognitive function experiences. Here is further information about the issues modafinil can cause with sexually related activities. and possibly additional valuable recommendations.
While modafinil is a highly effective medicine that stimulates the mind and improves cognitive capabilities, there is a risk of hypersexuality. Now hypersexuality is a boon or bane that’s upon you to decide. Obsession with sexual ideas, urges, or behaviours may be greatly heightened while using modafinil.
When a person exceeds the maximum advised dose of 400 mg per day, he or she is more likely to become hypersexual.(21)
The effects of modafinil on hypersexuality may be connected to an increase in dopamine concentration in brain locations associated with reward circuits. This can frequently lead to dangerous decision making, including indicators of hypersexuality.
ED is another condition that few men have reported experiencing when on Modafinil. As the usage of modafinil grows, more people are reporting diverse but uncommon negative effects on their sexual urge. Some of the adverse effects of a medicine are permanent, while others only endure for the duration of the treatment.
According to a worrying side effect of modafinil that affects a few people is decreased sex drive and erection quality. In most cases, it improves erection and stamina, resulting in a tremendous increase in libido. This is a more common occurrence. However, some have experienced the downside.
The remedy is to meet with a medical specialist who will do a full health assessment and check for any correlations between any medical history.
Modafinil is widely regarded as the safest smart drug, with rare but slight negative effects. Although there is no mention of modafinil’s impact on sexual drive, more reports are coming in and study is continuously being conducted.
Whether this powerful smart drug improves your cognitive power, attention, and wakefulness as intended, or goes the extra mile and boosts or impairs your sexual performance is yet to be proven.
Modafinil may have the potential to increase or decrease sexual urges. Some of these side effects may be caused by using greater amounts. If erectile dysfunction is noticed after taking this medication, try reducing the dosage to 100 mg or 50 mg per day and monitoring the changes. Also, keep tolerance in mind.
Although these issues affect a small percentage of the population, they are a major topic that requires more attention. Side effects that affect sexual drive might be long-lasting.
As a general advice, good diet, proper hydration and proper planning is what is required to maximise the benefits of Modafinil while lowering the chances of experiencing any side effects.
- Modafinil Improves Episodic Memory and Working Memory Cognition in Patients With Remitted Depression: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study.Muzaffer Kaser, Julia B Deakin , Albert Michael , Camilo Zapata , Rachna Bansal , Dragana Ryan , Francesca Cormack , James B Rowe , Barbara J Sahakian.
- Cognitive enhancing effects of modafinil in healthy volunteers.Danielle C. Turner, Trevor W. Robbins, Luke Clark, Adam R. Aron, Jonathan Dowson & Barbara J. Sahakian.
- Modafinil improves attentional performance in healthy, non-sleep deprived humans at doses not inducing hyperarousal across species.Zackary A.Cope, Arpi Minassian, DustinKreitner, David A. MacQueen, MorganeMilienne-Petiot, Mark A.Geyer, WilliamPerry, Jared W.Young.
- Effects of modafinil on cognitive performance and alertness during sleep deprivation.Wesensten, Nancy J.
- A phase 3 randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, clinical trial of the effect of modafinil on cancer-related fatigue among 631 patients receiving chemotherapy: a University of Rochester Cancer Center Community Clinical Oncology Program Research bas.Pascal Jean-Pierre 1, Gary R Morrow, Joseph A Roscoe, Charles Heckler, Supriya Mohile, Michelle Janelsins, Luke Peppone, Amy Hemstad, Benjamin T Esparaz, Judith O Hopkins.
- Modafinil.Karl Greenblatt, Ninos Adams.
- Modafinil reduces depression’s severity when taken with antidepressants.Barbara Sahakian, Dr Muzaffer Kaser.
- Long-term safety and efficacy of armodafinil in bipolar depression: A 6-month open-label extension study.Terence A.Ketter, JessAmchin, Mark A.Frye, NicholasGross.
- Modafinil treatment in patients with seasonal affective disorder/winter depression: an open-label pilot study.LeslieLundt.
- Modafinil and Memory: Effects of Modafinil on Morris Water Maze Learning and Pavlovian Fear Conditioning.Tristan Shuman, Suzanne C. Wood, and Stephan G. Anagnostaras.
- School of Health Sciences.Wharrad, Heather.
- FDA basics.
- United States Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Drug Scheduling.DEA.
- Is modafinil safe in the long term?Cox, David.
- Modafinil treatment for fatigue in HIV+ patients: a pilot study.Judith G Rabkin 1, Martin C McElhiney, Richard Rabkin, Stephen J Ferrando.
- Modafinil in children and adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a preliminary 8-week, open-label study.Samuel W Boellner, Craig Q Earl, Sanjay Arora.
- Modafinil improves symptoms of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder across subtypes in children and adolescents.Joseph Biederman, Steven R Pliszka.
- Modafinil in the treatment of excessive daytime sleepiness in children.Gozal, Anna Ivanenko Riva Tauman David.
- Hypersexuality after Modafinil Treatment: A Case Report.Süheyla Doğan Bulut, Rıza Gökçer Tulacı, Semanur Türkoğlu, Serdar Bulut and Sibel Örsel.